Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gongxi Facai!




Haaaaapy New Year!

I went with my family to a banquet in Chinatown to meet other families with kids from China! Would you believe I was the youngest (and my parents say the cutest)? I guess people thought this outfit my mom bought in China was cute, but all I wanted to do was run around and eat rice. Num num.

Aunt Linda came in all the way from DC to spend the weekend with us (besides Chinese new year she is consulting on our house remodel). I can say her name perfectly - Lin-da. Sorry we didn't catch any pictures of her though.

I've learned to speak some Chinese now. I can say xiexie (thanks) and zaijian (goodbye), point to my bizi (nose), and ask for a juzi (orange).

I also know to say "sawee" (sorry) when I bump into someone, "do-it" when I want to brush my own teeth or peel my own orange (they taste much better that way), and "shuwa" when I want to eat some of mom's cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment