Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rikki 2.5






Yes - she's 2 and a half! We celebrated last weekend. This also marked another transition: Rikki Panpan has now spent more than half of her life here in the U.S. and with our family. And boy is she loving it.

We are continually amazed at her cleverness and sense of play. Lately she has come out with things like, "Where ya goin' sweetheart?" when she sees me heading somewhere. When she asks for something to eat, she specifies the quantity. "I want some cheese. Alot." When we're in a restaurant, she is usually the first to look at the waiter, and say, "I want some water with ice." When she needs a spoon, she just turns around to look for the waiter and calls, "Sir! Sir!"

People keep telling me how tall she is, but we just visited the doctor, and I was right: She is neither tall nor short. She is at the 50th percentile in height and 25th in weight. I guess it's those proportions people are noticing.

She loves to sing, and has quite a repertoire now. Lately she prefers to accompany herself on the (Barbie) guitar. She now can pedal her bicycle without any pushing. And she can't get enough swimming. Given that this is September in Chicago, she swam in the lake a week ago, and in an indoor pool today, officially marking our passage into fall. I'm hoping it's a lonnnng fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment