Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bye Bye Choo-Choo!

I still haven't had much luck capturing her chatter on video - as you saw previously, she is too obsessed with the iPhone for me to hold it in front of her for that long. We had an evaluation done, and her speech/language is indeed delayed -- as compared with American children living in a home since birth. But for an adopted child coming from an orphanage and spanning two (or three counting Jiangxi dialect) languages, she is about on target. So as long as her understanding and her vocabulary keep expanding, we wont' worry. But we will be happy when she clearly differentiates between mom and dad.

Though the chatter video has not succeeded, she is fascinated enough with trains that I was able to capture this footage of her waving goodbye to a train passing by. We were playing in Grant Park. The weather lately has been lovely -- hitting the 70s every day. I'll take as much of this as I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment