Monday, October 4, 2010

Meeting of the Minds

On our recent trip to New York, Rikki had an audience with Undersecretary of Education Martha Kanter. Her views on education reform got quite a bit of attention. This was my first attendance at a higher ed policy meeting since we returned from China in June. But my daughter was really the belle of the ball. See next pic to see her patent leather shoes and cocktail dress.

Sorry to say I didn't snap a picture of her with her friend David, 2. But she had several playdates with him while I was had meetings. David's nanny's mother watched her and by all accounts everyone had a good time. The Upper West Side has good parks and the weather was quite lovely.

A week and a half later back in Chicago - not so much. Right now it is 44 degrees. I know I'm supposed to be happy because it may go up to 61.

My other regret is fallen behind on my blog posts. More to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment