Saturday, January 7, 2012

Save the last dance for her



Rikki loves to join my dance class rather than stay in the childcare area ... so I pulled her out this morning for the last song, and it couldn't have been a better selection.

We are in Berkeley now, and yesterday she went to visit the preschool she will be attending while we are here. The teachers were very touched when she tried to help a little girl who was crying. One of the teachers was helping the girl, so the other teacher told Rikki to come back to the table where everyone was having their snacks. But when Rikki heard the girls say she wanted a paper towel, she got up from her seat, walked into the bathroom, and grabbed a paper towel and handed it to the girl. I swear that was the first time she stopped crying.

The teacher who originally had called her back to the table said to me, "Never try to suppress a noble instinct." And I just sat and kvelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment