Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pins and Needles



Rather than start with today, I'm going to go back to Tuesday, because I see I forgot to mention that Tuesday was Gan Xingpan's 14-month birthday. The orphanage believes she was born on March 11, 2009, the same day that she was left outside the local police station. She has lived at the Jianxin orphanage ever since.

We're looking forward to celebrating her 15th month birthday with her. We are still preparing to leave next Wednesday. But ... no confirmation yet! As of Tuesday, our group wasn't confirmed. As of today, everyone in our group (i.e. 10 families) are confirmed except for me. It turns out there has been a little snafu with my paperwork. A document that is not required in my case - because I'm grandfathered in under pre-2007 procedures, since I applied in 2006 - is holding everything up. Though it's not required and doesn't need a signature, the Chinese government expects the unsigned document that they generated to be returned to them before they will authorize my travel. The fact that it's not required is inconsequential. Our agency is trying to get the director of the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs to approve it, but so far he hasn't ruled.

So we are still holding reservations for next Wednesday, but don't know whether we'll fly or not. We may find out tomorrow if our facilitator can reach China late tonight and get the TA (travel approval).

While we wait, here is a picture of me taken at Oakland Airport on my official move day to Chicago. I didn't have a blog then, so sorry for the delay ....

No comments:

Post a Comment