Monday, May 10, 2010

Testing, one two three...

This is a test. It is only a test. Had this been a real emergency, you would have been told what to do and where to go. We are still on hold for our travel date. So I've been in this test mode since, oh, June 2005 when I first joined a waiting list to adopt a little girl from China.

At this point, the frustration is palpable, since we already have the pictures of our little one, and we think we are supposed to be leaving the country in nine days. You did not read that incorrectly. Okay, so if this post works, I'll consider myself to have a blog. I will also enter some more relevant information about my five-year journey to China (via Chicago) and why this blog is called Our Lucky Optimist. At least this gives me something to do during this interminable wait.

2 comments:

  1. We hope that you travel soon and safely! We will be following your blog and cannot wait to hear the good news that your beautiful little girl is in your arms! Love, Sharyn and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke with Nana today. She really, really appreciated your call. Her big amazement was how clear your voice was all the way from China! We hope all is going well and look forward to upcoming updates. Love, WFJ

    ReplyDelete